what is FAStag and how to get it is as easy as below. Almost all the queries related to FASTag will be resolved in here.
What is Electronic Toll Collection (ETC) / FASTag?
- FASTag, a simple way to pass through the lanes of Indian toll gates.
- A sticker that pasted on the windscreen of the vehicle.
- A compulsory tag to pass lanes of toll plazas.
Who is implementing this program?
FAStag is operated by NHAI (National Highway Authority of India).
National Payment Corporation of India (NPCI) and Indian Highways Management Company (IHMC) both are conducing this program. Toll Plaza Concessionaires, Issuer Agencies and Toll dealing Acquirer are concerned in implementing in accordance with authorities.
The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways declared that FASTag is necessary from January First, 2021. However currently dates got extend to fifteen Feb 2021.
How to get FASTag?
The vehicle owners can buy the tag from any of the official tag issuer or banks. The Indian government certified twenty two banks to provide tags across India to make an application simple for each individual.
After procuring the tag, Users should affix the tag on the windscreen of the vehicle which it concerns. This can permit them to drive through the toll plaza without stopping for payment. Dedicated lanes designed for users.
What are the Documents required
1. A passport size photograph of the vehicle owner.
2. Registration certificate of the concerned vehicle which the tag is for.
3. KYC documents
4. ID proof and Residence proof from the below mentioned
- DRIVING LICENSE
- PAN CARD
- Elector ID CARD
- AADHAR CARD (with Address)
For example: Valid Driving license is optimum for address and identify proof.
It is good to bring original documents when you buy the tag.
How it works…
FASTag is a device that uses Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology to complete toll payments directly from a connected prepaid account.
Firstly, there will be some tag readers. These readers can read the Tag that pasted on the windscreen one the vehicle approaches. And, it deducts the toll money automatically using RFID.
It comes with 5 years validity. Users will recharge it next as per their needs. Some issuers additionally provided offers to market the employment of FASTag.
Over 500 highways avail FASTag lanes. Since it is compulsory for all vehicles, users should buy it to undergo the toll plazas.
- FASTag could be wise choice for a faster pass through the toll plaza. It helps to pass through the lanes without waiting as before. Saves time and fuel.
- Convenience of payment –no need to carry cash for toll transactions. As soon as the payment done, consumers will receive SMS alert their registered mobile numbers.
- Online Recharge – It will get reachrged online through all Master cards/Credit Card / Debit Card / NEFT / RTGS or Net Banking.
- Customers can receive their statements on the FASTag customer portal.
- Particularly 5 years validity.
We have another advantages as below
• Air pollution and use of paper will reduce.
Without a doubt it reduced toll payment difficulties. And also analyzes for better road maintenance.
Moreover it reduced number of individual concerned in management at toll gates. And also reduced effort in monitoring.
What are the charges?
FASTag has a onetime Fee. That is only ₹ 200. The due guarantee deposit quantity depends on the vehicle kind. Please go through website of Issuer Agencies to check more details. FASTag issuing agencies are banks.
How do we check balance:
To check FASTag balance through Customer Care, you can give a missed call to a toll-free number <+91-8884333331> from a registered mobile number.
Banks which will issue a FASTag
- Axis Bank: 1800-419-8585
- ICICI Bank: 1800-2100-104
- IDFC Bank: 1800-266-9970
- State Bank of India: 1800-11-0018
- HDFC Bank: 1800-120-1243
- Karur Vysya Bank: 1800-102-1916
- EQUITAS Small Finance Bank: 1800-419-1996
- PayTM Payments Bank Ltd: 1800-102-6480 etc..
Some rules to be followed
- A tag that is purchased for one vehicle we cannot use for another. If a tag is bought for a car and used for a truck then that tag blacklisted.
- Local vehicles even need to take FASTag to access and get concessions.
• Incase of loss of tag, or the vehicle one has to contact the agency through their customer care number to block the tag.
• People will also report their complaints related to incorrect deductions to the agency online.
Good news to the people who did not buy a FASTag yet.
The National Highways Authority of India-NHAI has set to issue free FASTags to vehiclists. A security deposit is even available for each account. To sum up NHAI has decided to change to an electronic toll system for motorists.